Friday, July 6, 2012

Different Mountains


The two photos are my mountains.  The first photo is from a mountain I use to climb on an annual basis.  The last time I was here was in September 2008.  That year, to get to 10,000 feet was a challenge.  The second picture shows my new mountain; the street I live on.  Every evening I walk around at the top of the cul-de-sac and look for rabbits in the sage brush (big explosion of wild bunnies this year).  Then I march down the hill and turn around and walk back up.  It is about all I can do after 20 minutes of walking.  A year ago, this street was not even an issue.  Now I have to think about it a little before I venture out.  We do different things to challenge ourselves.  The number of sit ups we can complete, the distance we ride our bikes, the time we spend on the ski slopes.  As we get older, it is expected we will slow down some.  In four years, I have slowed way down.  For this reason I have decided to pay a visit to the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota for three days to be evaluated and see how we can stop the progression of my disease.  When I am back home, I will post a report on what happened and what the doctors believe we can do to get me back on the mountain I enjoyed a few years back.  Your prayers on this would be most appreciated. 

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with this, Rick.

    Our prayers and thoughts will be with you, as I know many others will also.

    Pat and Chuck

    ReplyDelete