Thursday, September 19, 2013

Late September 2013


Most of the visits to this blog are to track my health and see what I have been up to.  Well health wise I have been fairly stable.  I do get outside for a little exercise and to move around some.  So as I am, writing this blog I asked myself; can I still do a push up?  Well I found I can do two “girl pushups” (knees on the ground) and not the twenty I remember doing a few years back.  Well I knew it would not be twenty, but I was shocked that it was only two.  Plus I got light headed from the ordeal.  Wow.   Well okay.  It has been a few years since I was 45.  I am not running or going to the gym and my six pack left me a long time ago.  Plans to climb Mount Rainier were never asking if we were physically ready but what food do we want to bring.  So… I lose track sometimes of where I am today.  I think I can ride my motorcycle or get on a ladder or hike into a lake.  It is like the guy who has had a leg amputated.  In his head, he can still roll his toes and take a step with his phantom limb.  Yet for me reality shows up and tells me to hold on to the walker and it helps to walk if the ground is flat.  This month there have been no changes in my health status. 
The biggest news this month for me is that I am painting a lot more now.  I just hope I am getting better.   I am posting a few of my paintings here. 




There was an interesting investor article on drug companies developing drugs to help cure various forms of Amyloidosis.  I am posting a link here should you follow this blog to find out more about AL Amyloidosis.  The article does mention a little about this rare disease that I have, but the emphasis is on investments as some of these companies are developing ways to manage and cure the disease.  It may be too late for me to take advantage of these new developments.  Though I cannot lose sight of all the developments I have been able to benefit from. 

3 comments:

  1. thanks for the blog updates- I really enjoy your blog. It was one year ago we went to the fair with Trent. where does time go?
    http://dennishendricks.blogspot.com/2012/09/do-puyullup.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely adore your paintings, Rick! Show us more, more!! :) Ali

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rick Cliff Here. First we went to Forks again to see Fred,, I think he's 93 now,,he drifts around quite a bit and his concentration is noticeably poorer than before, yet he's still doing pretty darn good. I mentioned you and he perked right up, with a big grin.
    I see your painting is coming right along, looks pretty darn good but coming from me [Mr. artless] what do I know. Keep up the good work anyway. :-)
    I'm going through a incredible Bible study by a man named Les Feldick http://www.lesfeldick.org/index.html
    Les Feldick has 82 books on-line in both text and MP3 audio format.really worth listening to....
    Also on a sidebar I remember well our football days, and your incredible strength,, those were the days when friend we thought they'd never end.Unfortunately They Did :-)
    Well enough of that, take care Rick and I'm glad you have such a wonderful wife and family and friends, what a blessing to have a support group like that,,, Cliff

    ReplyDelete